Saturday, November 8, 2008

Not Even Close to Mt. Magazine

What a mess!

Making progress.....

Soooo much better!
All week long, Jerry and I have talked about it being time for our fall pilgrimage to Mt. Magazine, with "the girls", of course. You see, earlier in the week it was 75-80 degrees, calm, and sunny. Then the front came through...the cold front. We had storms Thursday night, and crystal clear skys on Friday....with killer wind and a high of 55---in the sun with no wind blowing! Being a fair weather picnic-er and mountian vista enjoying kind-of-girl, a repeat of Friday's weather today left me wanting to stay warm and cozy inside. So, on to plan B. "B" for bubble bath, and the crazy notion that it was time to clean out and reorganize the kitchen pantry. What on earth was I thinking? I had a good thing going with the bubble bath, and I could have just snuggled in for a day of movies and snoozing. But I did it, I opened the pantry door, couldn't step in because of all the debris, and started unloading it. There was nothing to do but completely empty a few shelves and come up with a new plan. Jerry graciously made a run to Wal Mart and Lowe's in search of some kind of shelving for all my cookbooks. He couldn't find exactly what we wanted, but brought home an alternative that is going to work just fine. So, here are pictures of the during and after....sorry, but I didn't think about "before" shots until it was too late, and I wasn't about to put all that stuff back in for a picture....

No comments: