Santa Jerry hands out the gifts.
After our family Christmas Eve celebration, mom and Phyllis came to our house. We have an unspoken rule for Christmas morning....NO CAMERA"S! (hence, only pictures of us and the girls on Christmas morning!) So after making my traditional "Christmas Morning Coffee Cake", and Jerry making a huge breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, and gravy, we exchanged gifts with each other. I was pain free until about noon, then had to take pain medication and wait for it to work before making our non-traditional Chicken-'n-Dumplings late lunch. They were worth the wait, and we enjoyed a late afternoon Christmas meal together.
Once again, I am reminded of just how blessed I am in all areas of my life. I am so thankful for the birth of baby Jesus, who chose to leave the splendor of Heaven to become like us, for the single purpose of making a way for each of us to have the gift of eternal life. What a Savior!--it's a plan for salvation that none of us would ever be able to dream up on our own...it just doesn't make sense to us that He would come to this earth as a baby, subject himself to temptation, hate, and the brutal beatings He endured. But because of His love for each of us, that's exactly what He did.
No comments:
Post a Comment