Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve

P and her Papa enjoying the train.
G and Uncle Nathan watching the train.
Christmas music provided by P and G.
"I can open it!"
"Thank you G!"
"Are these mine? Oh boy!"
Add Image
The gifts were ready, the plans were made, and the food prepared for the Sorrells Family Christmas Eve traditional gathering. We would gather at Janice and Bruce's circa 1905 home anytime from 3 p.m. on, with the Christmas Eve Service starting at 6:00. We'd eat before (and after), and exchange gifts after the service. Jerry and I planned on leaving home by 2:00....until I started having horrible lower back pain related to my recent kidney stone/removal. I called the doctors office, and they basically told me to take the pain medicine, and give it time to work. After an hour, I thought it had time to work. So after another pain pill and a muscle relaxer and 2 hours of lying perfectly still in bed, I thought that I might actually live and be able to make the hour ride. Jerry had already called to tell them we wouldn't be able to make it...and I have never missed a Christmas Eve family gathering--daddy missed it once when he was in the hospital, but i think that was the only time a family member missed Christmas Eve. So, we started gathering everything we needed, got ourselves ready, and headed out. Needless to say, they were surprised, but happy to see us...there was no where else Jerry and I wanted to be. So, I just took pain med's every 2 hours, and a muscle relaxer every 3! And I actually remember the evening! The food was wonderful--the visiting time priceless, and watching the little ones enjoying the train around the Christmas tree was precious! Enjoy the pictures of our little ones during our Christmas Eve together!

1 comment:

I'm Jaime said...

I'll need some copies of those adorable pictures!!