Saturday, September 6, 2008

Our Favorite Saturday Morning







Saturday is one of our favorite days of the week---especially now that we are back in school and our weekdays are busy and long. Jerry typically gets up early (he's an early riser anyway) to leave for his "long run"--anywhere from 6-20 miles--by 5:30 am. Depending on the length of his run, he may be home by 8am, or as late as 10. It was so pleasant this morning, that while I was doing my 3 mile walk, I decided we needed to have breakfast on the patio. And then I started thinking about the menu, and thought grilled breakfast chops would be tasty. So, after a quick run to the store, I started preparing our patio breakfast: special scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, grilled pork chops with grilled peaches, biscuits with chocolate gravy, and a mimosa! Well, it was quite yummy! Jerry thinks I'm silly for taking pictures of food, but it really was a pretty plate. After breakfast, I even put a roast on the grill for about an hour, now it is slow cooking for the rest of the afternoon and it will be ready for supper!


Last night we took pizza and brownies over to my neice and her husband's home in Van Buren. Another yummy meal! Their new house is adorable and so nice for newleyweds! Then we went to Alma to the football game against VB. Leslie took some pictures, and when she sends them to me I'll add them to the blog. We had a fun evening, a great Saturday morning, and now I'm going outside for some much needed therapy in the yard--pulling weeds, trimming--anything to be outside on this beautiful day! I'll be at school all tomorrow afternoon--yuk!

2 comments:

Les said...

wow! what a spread. boys just dont understand the need for pictures on a blog! friday was so fun, pictures heading your way asap.

I'm Jaime said...

Saturday is my favorite, too!! Pictures make blogs so much more fun-- Jordan doesn't understand either but he is always so good to hold things up for me, if needed. :)