Sunday, August 17, 2008

50th Birthday Celebration!

I have a precious and amazing husband. He planned a birthday celebration for my upcoming 50th birthday, complete with 38 family members and friends. The grim reaper even showed up in the form of my former principal! She had me fooled--I never would have guessed it was her! He drove to Ozark for pulled pork and potato salad, to Sallisaw for ribs (really pork loin lollipops!) and beans, he made cold cheese dip and guacamole, and got me a fantastic cake from a local bakery. We had a feast! Mom helped me display pictures from infancy through today. I am so appreciative of family and friends taking time to share the evening with me! The cards and gifts were so sweet, and most of them were kind and funny reminders of my age! Thanks, friends! Thanks my sweets for a fun evening!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Blonde,
So sorry that we couldn't make it to 50th celebration. It sounds like you had a blast. Jerry did a great job with the food, made me hungry just reading about all of it . I love all of the pictures of you growing up, and from the looks of your beach pictures, you have a lot more to add. Phyllis did a wonderful job, looked like you all had a great trip. I check out your blog every week or so and I love to hear about the things going on in your life. I promise to call and plan a time for us to visit. Teresa and I still want to come and take you out to celebrate the big 5--0. Hope you have a great birthday. Debbie

Nana Julie said...

Happy Birthday! I see us together in my driveway - memories! And I love all the school pictures. You haven't changed a bit. Love ya!