Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Home Gym





Sometimes it's just not worth having a membership at a fitness center--you have to get ready to go, you have to make time to go, and you have to go so you don't feel like you're wasting your membership fee. So, we decided to address fitness right here at home. We have a home gym in our garage--complete with weights, benches, ball, yoga mat, treadmill, a big fan, and stereo! Soon we'll add a tv and dvd/video player for variety. Our weights range from 2 pounds (that's where I had to start) to 30 pounds (I'll get there someday!). I don't know the names of all the things we do, but we're working on our arms, legs, abs, and back muscles. I know I've already firmed up, Jerry's lost inches, and the soreness it not so bad, now! We usually lift on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, after walking/running. Jerry runs, I walk. When school starts, we plan on continuing by doing our weight training before school, and walking/running after school. So, lookout! This strength training is making us fit and tone and strong! And it's a fun thing we can do together!

1 comment:

Maranda said...

Who took the picture that has both you and Jerry in it? Emmee?