Tuesday, July 15, 2008

He Really Did It!





After years of talking about it, after taking a safety course, after drooling every time we passed one or one passed us, and after convincing himself that he would save $$$ going to/from school, Jerry bought a Honda VTX1300. It's pretty, it's not terribly loud, and it's not TOO big. He went to pick it up yesterday with co-motorcycle lovers Doug and Garry. They had a big time on their adventure. Jerry confesses that he's just a bit nervous about it, but I think that's a good place to be. So, take a little extra care around the folks on these "scooters"--they're not always the easiest things to see on the road, but we've got to be aware so no one gets hurt....especially Jerry! If the color is hard to determine from the pictures, it's burgundy--I prefer to call it "black cherry". Maybe one of these days I'll even have the nerve to ride with him...that will be a while, though....

No comments: